ICER Alert: Unexplaind Deaths of Eritreans in South Sudan
Our source in South Sudan confirms that many strangely unexplained things happening to Eritrean refugees in Juba and its environs. Beginning November many have died in a mysterious ways with no perpetrator or perpetrators apprehended for their actions. According to the source the following persons lost their lives in the past eight month.
- Dawit Fesehaye Ghebremedhin from Kudofelasi, Seraye, age 29. Cause of death unexplained ‘accident’ in Juba . Died in the night of the purported day of ‘accident’, Nov. 11, 2011
- Two Eritrean nationals, Tedros aged 40 and Bereket 41 years old, died in the month of January 2012. The circumstance of their death is not clearly stated but known to have died as a result of unexplained ‘accident’
- Fitsum Ghebremeskel aged 41 was found hacked to death in April, 9 2012 in Juba
- Ghere Issak aged 32 whose birth place Gedele, Akeleguzai, is another victim of the mysterious deaths. The cause of death is knife wound to his torso. The date and time of death unknown
- Aklilu was shot dead by bullet on Monday, the 13th 2012. His lifeless body is believed to have been flown to Asmara by the regularly scheduled flight of NasAir few days after his death. Akilu is known to have been shot on his way from Juba to Numile.
- Tewelde Haile Ghebremeskel an Eritrean from Metsalu age 60 was in ‘accident’ in Juba on December 1, 2011 and died three month later after the ‘accident’on March 2012
- On Saturday evening, the 23 of June, one Ghebreyesus Ghebresilasie Ghebreyohanes, was shot dead by hail of bullets in a warehouse, The 30 year old Eritrean hails from Kokobay, Akeleguzay.
Our source also indicates that some life threatening abuses by unknown persons, but suspected to be from the citizens of South Sudan, is occurring daily.
One by the name Misgina aged 31, working as receptionist in AQUAN LODGE, was literary dragged by a car while his two hands tied behind his back. The perpetrator was believed to be South Sudanese national. The incident occurred in late May 2012 . Misgina has severe head and back injuries.
Yohanese Zeresenay was found unconscious with serious injury to his head by unknown assailants at Atlae Bara neighborhood in Juba near St Mary Church.on May 20, 2012 at 8.30 PM. The 24 year old man has made his way to Juba first by escaping to Ethiopia and then traveling to Kenya to get easy access to South Sudan.